Lost Network Icon Bar For Wireless Connection...

mikeymikeyuk 08:46 25 Feb 08

I seem to have lost the useful wireless connectivity networking icon that confirmed signal strength level and speed of connectivity in the navigation bar at the bottom of the right hand side.It probably disappeared when I connected/disconnected an ethernet cable to my laptop without switching off computer. I still have the LAN icon telling me a network cable has been disconnected. I have been told that I cannot have 2 network icons in this area but I am sure I did when I first had this laptop 4 weeeks ago. Anyway i don't need the LAN icon but I do want the wireles connectivity info. The Bar was useful to see my signal strength on wireless.

Technotiger 09:00 25 Feb 08

Control Panel>Network Connections>Properties tick box for show Icon etc.

Technotiger 09:02 25 Feb 08

Oops ... addendum, after Network Connections - right-click on Connection, then Properties ....

mikeymikeyuk 00:27 28 Feb 08

I can't get this to bring the bar up showing the connection strength, any more ideas???

Technotiger 08:38 28 Feb 08

Oh, so it is not just that icon, sorry, I didn't realise you meant the whole taskbar - never mind, easily sorted click here

chub_tor 08:51 28 Feb 08

This happens to me occasionally with my Netgear Router. I find that if I go to the Router Settings 192.168.0.1 page and then click on Basic Settings, Test the icon in the task bar comes back. I have no idea why it sometimes disappears but this is my way of bringing it back.

Technotiger 12:17 28 Feb 08

Hi, I think you are making the same mistake I made - in that it is not just the network icon missing, but the whole taskbar. The remedy is in my link above.

VoG II 12:19 28 Feb 08

"I still have the LAN icon telling me a network cable has been disconnected."

Suggests that it is just the wireless icon that's disappeared, not the whole notification area...

Technotiger 12:44 28 Feb 08

*This does not bring bar up again*

Hi Friend, this is why I thought we were talking about the Taskbar, not just the icon?? Though at first I thought it was just the icon - suppose we will have to wait for mikeymikeyuk to clarify.

chub_tor 15:05 28 Feb 08

I thought that mikeymikeyuk meant the bars that show signal strength not the Taskbar.

Technotiger 15:12 28 Feb 08

Hi, it seems we all have out own interpretation of mmuk's question - but reading the original post again, it does say The Bar - not Bars? Guess we will just have to wait and see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017