Lost my search engine?

tippucat 20:38 26 Feb 03

Hi all
On Saturday, while browsing through music websites, I inadvertantly changed my default search engine from Google to something called 'lop.com'. As far as I remember I didn't ask for this to happen and I have spent the last few days trying to rectify this problem. With spectacular failure. I've tried system restore but this does not appear to be working either. I run Windows XP.

Please. Does anyone have a solution and, in recognition of my ineptitude, would a 'step by' be forthcoming?

Undying gratitude

beeuuem 20:46 26 Feb 03

To customize your searches, click the Search button on the toolbar, and then click the Customize button in the Search bar. You can customize a variety of search options, or choose a default search provider.

Use one search provider at a time. At the bottom of the Customize Search Settings window, click Choose a Default Search Provider.

Or you could just download the Google toolbar from

click here

beeuuem 20:50 26 Feb 03

Or you could use Opera which uses Google as its default search engine.
click here

tippucat 21:23 26 Feb 03

Thanks 'beeuuem'. Grateful & embarrassed. I'm sure I looked at customise??

Zak 21:25 26 Feb 03

Try these links:

click here

click here

and this one for a nifty tool to prevent your browser being hijacked:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…