Lost my disk for my PDA, does it really matter?

SupaDashi 13:00 06 Jan 07

I was recently given a used HP iPAQ hx2400 PDA from work, however, apon opening the box and inspecting it, I dont have the actual "Windows 2002 Mobile /w Outlook 2002" disk, but I have its casing AND the serial number, my problem is, if I ever have to hard reset it, will I lose Outlook and the other programs that were on there that I can only retrieve if I have the disk? Not that there are too many times when you do need to hard reset, but just in case.

Jimmy14 13:55 06 Jan 07

Are you talking about the outlook express or the seperate outlook program that has to be installed from the CD? A hard reset will still leave outlook express on the ipaq but will delete outlook.

SupaDashi 14:01 06 Jan 07

Yeah, I think its the proper Outlook, but like I said, we dont have the disk, therefore I don't know if I can back it up or get hold of a disk as long as I have the serial.

Jimmy14 14:06 06 Jan 07

Pocket outlook maybe but their the same thing. I have one of the latest ipaqs but I don't know where I got outlook express from.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…