Lost MS Office 2007 programs and Windows defender

BigHenry 09:54 29 Jan 08

I have lost Microsoft Office 2007 apart from Word and also things like Windows Defender from my PC. I have looked in program files, done a search and they are not there. I thought that regularly doing a backup it would save these but all I have on backup is all the files. I had not set up a restore point - so I have learnt my lesson. My PC was new in Oct 2007 and has Vista Home Premium. I have the disc for Vista but not the disc for Microsoft 2007 but I can get one from Microsoft. Can you help me please I would ne most grateful

xania 10:02 29 Jan 08

If you don't have the disc, do you actually have a licence to use this software? If so, you should be able to download and install using the licence or contact MS for help - if not, you will have to buy one.

Windows defender download from click here.

For the future, if you want to backup these programs, you will need to backup the entire drive - you cannot simply run from the program files without the registry entries.

NB I would not rely on those restore points either. In my experience 90% of the time, when you need them, they don't work.

rawprawn 10:03 29 Jan 08

Vista should automatically make a restore point every day, have a look and make certain. It should have done this unless you turned system restore off.If you only have Vista backup for files and no restore point then I am afraid that you have lost the program.
For future get a backup program such as Acronis True Image click here
One other thought there may be a recovery partition on your computer and a probram that allows you to recover each program that was pre loaded by the manufacturer.Hvae a look, what make of PC is it?

birdface 10:42 29 Jan 08

Office 2007.If you still have a Keycode for it.Can't you just reinstall it.Or did it come pre installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…