Lost MS Money Data

shellship 22:28 05 Jan 08

My wife keeps some accounts on MS Money. Out of nowhere she finds that all entries after late 2004 have disappeared. Back up is no help. We have not tried CHCKDSK of FDSSK but will do unless we hear something from the pros out there.

namtas 22:45 05 Jan 08

In what way is backup no help ?

shellship 12:24 06 Jan 08

Backup file reveals the same period missing.

Pamy 12:43 06 Jan 08

Have you tried a "search" for the files? clik start then search (on XP Po)

shellship 15:09 06 Jan 08

First thing we did. They (it) is there but doessn't have the missing data when opened. Thanks nevertheless. She has started to re-enter the data laboriously.

shellship 22:27 06 Jan 08

Managed to re-enter all data. Copied to CD to back up. As a check tried to run from CD - message - corrupted. Backed up with Nero - file corrupted. Sometimes cam restart file from MS Money on Start program, sometimes not. I have MSM 2003 CD and will try to instal that on wife's machine in case it is her copy of MS Money 98 that itself has been corrupted; may be wrong to try to instal it on another PC but desperation drives. Ran WIN XP disk checks and all OK.

namtas 22:52 06 Jan 08

I am not sure as it is some time since I last used it but I think that you can step back to an earlier time
(record) by doing a MS system restore. May be help full for the future.

shellship 09:41 07 Jan 08

Thanks but as she has laboriously re-entered the data, going back to a restore point - which we should have done in the first place - will nullify all her work.

Pamy 09:52 07 Jan 08

You can always go back again so long as you make a resiore point first. Could also beusefull for future

shellship 11:27 07 Jan 08

Thanks again to you both. Have installed my Money 2003 and so far all is OK. Will mark as resolved until the gremlins strike again. When installing 203 several times notice of not being able to find some dlls came up, could be an indicator of something that was wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…