Lost memory

The Bard 12:45 24 Jun 06

I recently had to re-install XP which now works well except that it cannot remember settings such as what icons appear on the taskbar, how files open, etc. In other words, it cannot remember any of my personalisations when I re-boot.

spuds 14:02 24 Jun 06

If you have completed a complete re-install of XP, then you would have lost all your previous work, if that is the question that you are asking!.

If you have back-up disk's, then you should be able to re-apply this to certain previous work.

woodchip 14:20 24 Jun 06

Your personal Settings have gone you will have to do them all again. That's what happens when you reload XP or any OS. Icons are Programs that you load or are Preloaded Software put on the Taskbar

The Bard 16:37 24 Jun 06

Sorry, perhaps I didn't make myself clear; after re-installing Windows, I tried to re-set my customisation, but it isn't remembered. I have tried several times, but several settings return to default after re-booting.

woodchip 16:42 24 Jun 06

Have you clicked apply or save etc

The Bard 17:31 24 Jun 06

Yes!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…