Lost manual for Acer aspire 3000 need to put memor

bof:) 15:46 11 Oct 07

Hi all, I've misplaced the manual for my Acer Aspire 3000 laptop and I'd like to install more memory. I've had a look at crucial and Kingstone to see what the maximum memory I can put in is but having been on the Acer website I cannot find the manual for the 3000 series. It only shows as far as the Acer 2010 series.

Does anyone know where there is a viewable manual and/or how you install new memory into the laptop?

Many thanks,

Mike

Technotiger 15:52 11 Oct 07
  davidh50 15:53 11 Oct 07

Here you go,

click here

Sea Urchin 16:13 11 Oct 07

You should be able to find the manual in PDF format on your hard drive.

Click Start>All Programs>AcerSystem and then click AcerSystem User's Guide.

tullie 16:31 11 Oct 07

So what did your Crucial search tell you?

tullie 16:33 11 Oct 07

Sorry,misread post,you will find that replacing memory is easy

bof:) 16:39 12 Oct 07

Hi all, Technotiger, thank you but I'm trying to find a manual I do not have to purchase. Buying one will be my last resort.

davidh50, thank you but I've already run the Kingston scan to find out what memory is suitable for my laptop.

Sea Urchin, many thanks I did not know the manual was already on my laptop. I've looked at the memory installation part which shows that there is a cover which is on the bottom of the laptop.

I've managed to unscrew 2 of the covers and found the hard drive and what looks like the fan. There is not a cover in the centre of the underneath as shown on the manual diagram.

So I'm a bit stuck for ideas on where this memory cover is ?

If anyone has any further ideas could you please help.

My laptop is an Acer Aspire 3000 3003WLMi

Thankyou,

Mike

gel 17:19 12 Oct 07

Hello
Not sure if this will help.
Lost my Dell lap top Manual.
Found a download at Dell and saved it to a memory stick
gel

bof:) 18:06 12 Oct 07

Hi gel, good idea, pasting manual to memory stick. But I have the manual on my laptop, its just that the cover shown in the manual to remove to put in new memory sticks in is not where it shows it should be on my laptop.

As mentioned earlier I've found the hard drive cover and what appears to be the fan cover. One cover appears to be sealed, but there is not a cover in the centre of the base of my laptop as shown in the manual. This is the cover it says to remove to put new memory sticks into laptop.

Mike

bof:) 21:10 15 Oct 07

Hi all, I decided to take my laptop to my local computer shop. The guy at the shop I bought the memory for my laptop from fitted it for me, he turned the laptop over, unscrewed the cover I thought was sealed, moved it slightly to one side, there was a click and off it popped.

Underneath the cover there were two memory sticks which he removed and put the new memory sticks in their place.

All done in a few minutes.

Thank you everyone for your help,

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5