Lost link to Hotmail compose

Ellen G 16:47 15 Feb 05

I've suddenly lost the ability to click on a link, i.e. email address on a website, and be transferred automatically to my hotmail compose page, address already filled in, ready to go.

I get a message that the page cannot be found HTTP 404.

The missing page is the mail to hotmail compose url.

I have broadband, IE6 with sp1 and updates, windows 2000 prof, MSN messenger and the only things I download are my virus definitions from NAV and Windows updates. Spybot found nothing. I also removed most of my cookies and my temp internet file. Norton Utilies mentioned a missing reference file but did not illuminate me as to which.

I've had this before and Hotmail fiddled something at their end and I got it back. On the other hand, I'm wondering if IE has become corrupted. Can I download IE6 again, on top of the old version? Should I uninstall beforehand.

Or should I leave this to Hotmail?

john-232317 17:08 15 Feb 05

What about downloading the new MSN messenger, that may cure it.

john-232317 17:09 15 Feb 05

Or if you want to repair IE.

click here

Ellen G 17:12 15 Feb 05

I downloaded the new MSN and it didn't make any difference. And the tips are for repairing XP while I have windows 2000 Professional. I couldn't find ie repair as an option in the list of windows components.

BTW, I don't use outlook.

Any more ideas?

john-232317 17:13 15 Feb 05

Sorry dont know if that link advice will work with 2000.

VoG II 17:15 15 Feb 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…