Lost license key

Jomi 22:13 16 Sep 06

I have PowerDVD 5 and need to reinstall it, unfortunately I've lost the case with the license key on it, is there any way I can recover the key from the disk?

thanks

woodchip 22:15 16 Sep 06

No

terryf 22:20 16 Sep 06

If you have any proof of ownership, perhaps you could contact the maker of the software?

beeuuem 22:20 16 Sep 06

Cyberlink support are usually very helpful. Tryclick here

Jomi 22:21 16 Sep 06

LOL don't beat about the bush woodchip!!

I 've had to reinstall windows and my original programs are still there including PowerDVD 5. Can I get the key fro any of these files?

thanks

terryf 22:25 16 Sep 06

As beeuuem says, try Cyberlink support, even if the licence key is in the registry it is likely to be encoded and any program to get it out would smack of piracy even if you have a legitimate copy

Strawballs 22:26 16 Sep 06

click here £4 new one

Jomi 22:33 16 Sep 06

I tried the cyberlink site, in order to get a licence key I have to register as a member then send a jpeg of my disk, easy enough you'd think!!! unfortunately registration won't let me get beyond the bit where it asks for a license key - catch 22!!.

rdave13 22:33 16 Sep 06

Try click here and click on secrets on the left pane.

beeuuem 22:35 16 Sep 06

Download SIW from click here
Install it, run it and look in Software > Licences and the licence number should be displayed.

Strawballs 22:41 16 Sep 06

beeuuem Jomi has had to reinstall windows so the key will no longer be there!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…