lost internet connection

raggy 2 11:27 26 Sep 07

any help would be great for this. I have recently signed up to sky BB, finally got on last night on my PC but my son has played online on PS3 as we on wireless, but after about an hour the internet said can't display page, yet my connection on my router looks as though it is there(it says signal is excellent and @54mbps), any ideas as to why this has happened as I can't get back on and PS3 wont play online either

ambra4 12:24 26 Sep 07

Try reseting the router by powering it off wait 1 min and power back on

raggy 2 13:55 26 Sep 07

thanks for that, and i will try it tonight when i get home, but why should i have to do this and do you have experience that this is gonna be a regular thing??

ambra4 04:43 27 Sep 07

Bad line quality, glitches on system, problems in the exchange etc, can cause the modem to lose the signal from the exchange

If you have to reset the modem on a regular basic you should connect your ISP or BT to check the line for line noise etc

It should not be a regular thing it just happens that BT or ISP have a problem, could be a upgrade to there system, exchange fault, it is hard to say

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…