Lost the internet connected icon after restore.

bda72 09:44 03 Jul 04

I have been having problems with my computer so I tried running system restore, everything seems fine but when I connect to the internet I have no icon by the clock and the easiest way I have found to disconnect so far is to click hang up after dowloading messages on outlook express.

If anyone knows how to get it back please let me know as I feel a little uneasy not knowing if i'm still connected or not.

Many thanks.

VoG II 10:03 03 Jul 04

Control panel, Network connections. Right click the connection, Properties. Tick "Show icon in notification area when connected".

bda72 10:11 03 Jul 04

Thanks for the prompt reply. Thats what I had thought before but it is already ticked so I'm still a little confused.

Thanks again.

VoG II 10:34 03 Jul 04

Right click the taskbar, Properties. Customize button. Make sure it is not set to Always hide.

bda72 10:08 04 Jul 04

Thanks VoG, couldn't find the icon to check if always hide was on or not but clicked restore defaults or what ever it was and hey presto this morning when I go online I have my little icon is back.

Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…