Lost internet

breadwinner 09:14 16 Feb 08

Help please.
Unloaded spyware doctor & now I seem to connect but ie cannot display the webpage. Have reloaded all internet settings. checked all settings against my laptop. all appears ok. ran diagnostic & get error 12007 the server name or address could not be resolved. could not make HTTP connection. could not make an FTP connection

lofty29 09:21 16 Feb 08

Hi Breadwinner, had similar problem see my post 'lost interent connection', otherwise might be useful trying a system restore

breadwinner 09:34 16 Feb 08

Thanks for your reply lofty29
I do get internrt connection up ok. system restore cannot restore to a previous time. I have tried different dates I'm sure I'm getting internet connection as if I enter incorrect password it refuses me & I also properties shows a connection

birdface 10:14 16 Feb 08

Try,Control Panel.Network Connections.Right click local area connection and press repair.See if that finds any faults.

breadwinner 10:28 16 Feb 08

Running xp sp2. Local area connection is not enabled, right clicking does not bring up repair option. connection is by Wanadoo broadband

birdface 10:36 16 Feb 08

Ok.I thought that they were all the same.I use Virgin with XP Home and that always works for me.

birdface 10:45 16 Feb 08

Local area connection not enabled,Do you have another connection that is enabled.Just wondering if it should be enabled or not.

breadwinner 10:53 16 Feb 08

Wanadoo braoadband is enabled & dials up ok. Do you think there should be something else

lofty29 10:59 16 Feb 08

LAN surely should not be enabled for a home pc,One of my problems was that Virgin had carried out some updating also they had changed the setting from virgin BB to virgin media, and somehow this had messed up my connection

birdface 11:03 16 Feb 08

No.That should be Ok.You could try Internet Options.Connections and make sure always dial my default connection is dotted.Apply Ok.

lofty29 11:07 16 Feb 08

Have you inadvertantly increased your security settings by any chance, is your OE working

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…