Lost Icons

DÕ DÕ 14:54 23 Dec 04

I have just unistalled a Themes software programme I downloaded which has left me with bits & pieces which I have finally cleared but I am still left with a icon problem.
I am using Windows XP Professional and the following icons seemed to have dissapeared from my desktop they are "My Computer",My Documents & the "Recyle Bin".I have done a search but am unable to find them.
Can any one help please.

crx1600 15:13 23 Dec 04

try a right-click anywhere on your desktop, then arrange icons\show desktop icons,

or control panel\display\desktop\customise desktop, and enable the icons, although 'recycle bin' isn't an option from there.

chaztait 15:15 23 Dec 04

right right click on your desktop background and go to properties then click the "desktop" Tab on the window that appears then click "Customize Desktop..." Then at the top click the boxes that you wish to apear on the desktop. And then click ok then click apply and they should show up.

Hope this helps

chaztait

mattyc_92 18:28 23 Dec 04

these icons are located in the file "shell32.dll" which is in the c:\windows\system32 directory

mattyc_92 18:32 23 Dec 04

soz wrong file....

The correct file is "mydocs.dll" located in "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\"

VoG II 18:34 23 Dec 04

Restore Recycle Bin icon click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…