Lost hyperlinks after IE6 upgrade

Silly Me 15:16 20 Oct 03

I have recently upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows 2000. Also, I have upgraded to IE6. When I try any of the hyperlinks on any of the search results all I get is an empty screen from my IPS. I've done a full search for help but can only find 3, one of which is close but just deals with email. I don't have a problem with email - just opending up any links.

Any (simple language) ideas?

VoG II 15:34 20 Oct 03

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Copy this, paste into address bar, remove the space after // and click Go.

Follow the instructions.

Gongoozler 15:37 20 Oct 03

Hi Silly Me. I found two possibilities, but I'm not sure how relevant they are to Windows 2000.

In IE, go to Tools - Internet Options - Advanced, and ensure that there is a tick in the box for "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts"

In Start - Settings - Folder Options - File Types, ensure that you have an entry for "URL Hypertext Transfer Protocol" to open with "C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\iexplore.exe" -nohome. I'll elaborate on this one if you need me to.

Silly Me 16:49 20 Oct 03

Thanks guys

Will try this at home and report back asap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…