Lost HomeHub & web connection after fiddling!

Darthchaffinch 16:12 13 Sep 08

Was connect to BT homehub with my Dell XP SP2 desktop no problem, but after trying to alter firewall and network settings to allow (unsuccessful) connection to a wireless media adaptor, I've now lost connection to my home hub- I still have the 'connected' wireless icon in the botton right tray, but no actuall hub manager or web!! :-(

Please can some kind soul help me check settings to resolve this! Thanks!

crosstrainer 16:19 13 Sep 08

1) Disable the firewall temporarily and try your connection.

2) Right click the wireless network icon in your taskbar, choose "View available connections" then, if yours is present try to connect / repair from there.

Darthchaffinch 16:23 13 Sep 08

Thanks crosstrainer, no joy with connecting after stopping firewall, I'm connected wirelessly apparently (with very high strength).
What have I done this time....!

Darthchaffinch 16:26 13 Sep 08

I was in the 'configure wireless network' area, which may be where I've screwed up?

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:36 13 Sep 08

System restore prior to fiddling.

G

Darthchaffinch 16:44 13 Sep 08

I'm not sure I've ever created a system restore point - will it uninstall everything, will I have to reconnect everything??

Thanks!

Darthchaffinch 17:13 13 Sep 08

In the network setup wizard I'd selected "this compouter connects to the internet through a residential gateway" (2nd option, as opposed to the correct "this compouter connects directly to the internet"! (first option)

Is there an easy way to find out if my pc can see my other wireless devices? Pinging maybe?!?

Thanks

crosstrainer 17:20 13 Sep 08

Right click the little icon in the taskbar and choose "View available networks"

If you cant see the icon go to network devices, right click and tick the tab that says "Show icon in the taskbar"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5