Lost History

Tim 00:54 07 Jun 03

I am using winXP and consequently IE6.
when opening the History window in IE6 I can only view the history of sites visited with the Most Visited option. View by date, View by site and view by order visited today are all blank. I can search for sites visited with the search option. can anyone suggest how I can make all the viewing options work?

faichfolds 01:11 07 Jun 03

I'm stumped mate. Just been playing around on XP to try and find out, tools>internet options gives you no real scope for adjustment, having said that am still getting used to XP. Long live 98 SE

beeuuem 01:47 07 Jun 03

How long is the history set to be kept?.If it set to '0' that could be the problem. Look in 'Tools'>Internet options'> General to change the setting.

Tim 09:04 07 Jun 03

the history is set to 48 days

beeuuem 14:45 07 Jun 03

Don't know if this will help click here

SYMPTOMS
If you exit and restart Internet Explorer 6 for Windows XP, and then try to view the history by date, no data appears. This behavior may also occur when you start Windows XP in Safe Mode, and you cannot resolve the behavior by deleting the temporary Internet files, cookies, downloaded program files, or the history in Internet Explorer 6.
CAUSE
This behavior may occur if your antivirus software has a Microsoft ActiveX blocking feature.
WORKAROUND
To work around this behavior, use any of the following methods:
Turn off the ActiveX Blocking functions in your antivirus software.
Install the most recent update for your antivirus software.
Remove your antivirus software from your computer.
See your antivirus software documentation or Web site for more information about turning off the various features, removing the software from your computer, or the latest updates to your antivirus software.

Tim 21:02 08 Jun 03

still no joy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…