Lost Hard drive

Craig-289433 16:39 06 Nov 05

I have a 300mb hard drive as my main hard drive which contained Windows XP. I tried to install windows 98 as a dual boot system and It is now showing up as a 32gb hard drive to which I have managed to install XP onto.

I have run various progams which show my files being on this drive(the original Windows XP installation as well as others) in a logical partition, is there any way I can get to this or make my drive show up as a 300gb drive again.

woodchip 16:55 06 Nov 05

click here

Read the bottom part

Craig-289433 19:54 06 Nov 05

Will reformating the hard drive free the other 270gb that are being hidden.

woodchip 19:59 06 Nov 05

Win98 and the BIOS will have a 32Mb limit. you could also check the drive to see if it's got a 32Mb limit jumper, Not the Master Slave Jumper it will be another jumper

phil46 20:21 06 Nov 05

If you want to install a dual boot W98 and WXP in one word don't you will have nothing but problems.

Craig-289433 22:23 06 Nov 05

Don't have a problem with installing a dual boot system as have done it before with no problems.

There is no jumper on the drive but it is showing as 32gb in both the Bios and windows XP

woodchip 12:13 07 Nov 05

You could Flash the BIOS as a Last resort, to the latest BIOS for your motherboard. But there are risks if you not do it right or the power goes of your computer will be unusable and would need a new BIOS chip or new Motherboard if it all goes wrong.

You have been warned

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…