Lost folders in Windows Live Mail

Pineman100 15:56 24 Oct 09

My wife runs Vista SP2 on her laptop. She uses Windows Live Mail as her email client.

As secretary of a large society, she has a very large and complex tree of email folders - over a hundred of them - for filing all her society business emails. I run periodic backups - full images of her system - with Acronis True Image 11.

She recently "lost" two of her email folders. She insists that they have just disappeared. I've tried searching for them by name, using the Windows Explorer search function, without success.

I have a few questions relating to this situation:

1. Although I don't use an email client, I believe that email client folders are not like ordinary folders, being part of a database. Would my Windows Explorer search find these folders if they existed? If not, is there any other way to search for them?

2. Is there a maximum size for the email store folder in Windows Live Mail? I'm wondering whether the loss of these folders could indicate that this maximum size has been exceeded.

3. Am I able to restore JUST these two email folders from a full system image in Acronis True Image? If so, please could you give me a few pointers on doing this? I don't want to restore back to the last whole email store folder backup, because this would lose a lot of recent emails.

I'll be most grateful for any thoughts and advice.

VoG II 18:41 24 Oct 09

It appears to be Mail.MSMessageStore

Pineman100 18:44 24 Oct 09

I should have thought of viewing hidden folders before I searched! :o(

I'll try searching as you recommend, and see how I get on.

Any tips about recovering the missing folders from the Acronis system image?

Thanks again for your response.

Pineman100 19:19 24 Oct 09

Well, many thanks to you both. I found the appropriate store folder and enabled viewing of hidden etc.

A search found both missing folders, and I was able to have a serious talk to Mrs Pineman100 about creating a folder tree SO complcated that you can't find your own folders!!

Needless to say, I took all the credit for myself!

;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…