lost folders during CUT them from desktop and copy

rathore_mbm2002 12:20 19 Apr 09

Please help me......I have HP pavalion 1101 TU laptop...window vista basic .There was forder(6.4 GB) on my PC desktop in which there were many sub folder near about 30 .I was copying this folder from DESKTOP to MY DOCUMENT by CUT-PASTE.I canclled the PASTE in MY Document in middle pasting since
I change my mind as it was taking time.After cancelling some folders( 6 or 7 ).For better understading I am writing sequince:
1. CUT folder from desktop.
2. During the PASTE in MY DOCUMENT, I click cancel copy by clicking on cancle(x).
3. Found only 6-7 sub folders..2GB(those copyied until canclled) were there in that folder in MY Document remaining were lost. Folder contaning 30 subfolders was not there either on DESKTOP or RECYCLE BIN.
4.I clicked undo copy but not helped.
4.searched by typing name of subfolders as i recalled names of folders but in vain.
5.checked recent items,recent changed.
can i recover these folders.please help me...all these were very important datas.
6.There were free space in C drive before cut paste 136 Gb,,,,after cut paste cancle there is free space of 140 Gb...as lost folder size was also 4Gb.
thanks for consideration

Jollyjohn 12:37 19 Apr 09

right click on the desktop and select paste - does this put the folder back on the desktop?

Terry Brown 14:09 19 Apr 09

If you are lucky, it might have put the file(s) in a temp buffer before pasting them.
On search enter temp and select show all files including hidden and system files.

Look for files with the date you deleted them, to see if you can recover them.
Terry

Sea Urchin 17:37 19 Apr 09

As a safety precaution always COPY and paste - then when successful you can delete the original files/s

Joe R 00:05 20 Apr 09

You can try this free utility, to recover your files. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…