Lost Firefox bookmarks..any ideas?

bof:) 19:01 02 Sep 06

Hi All, it seems that all of my Firefox icons have dissappeared from where they should be.

Firefox itself seems to have regressed to an earlier version of itself.

Have I lost my bookmarks for good?

Yes I know I should have backed them up :-(

Mike

skidzy 19:03 02 Sep 06

System Restore maybe Bof:)

mattyc_92 19:04 02 Sep 06

Try looking in c:\documents and settings\<username>\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\<profile folder>\bookmarkbackups

skidzy 19:10 02 Sep 06

Beat me Mattyc,just found that info Lol

Bof...this link may help,scroll down the page and follow some of the ideas.click here

skidzy 19:12 02 Sep 06

Sorry Bof,lost the link.Will try again.

skidzy 19:20 02 Sep 06

This may help click here

EARLR 20:08 02 Sep 06

look in firefox help. book marks should be in your profile.
gook luck

terryf 21:42 02 Sep 06

Just did a search and found bookmarks.bak, renamed it to bookmarks1.html and it opened in the browser ok so if you have lost your bookmarks.html but can find this file that is the way to go, just rename and copy to the folder c:documents and settings\yourname\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\something.default . Put your name where appropriate and substitute the mixture of letters and numbers that prefix the default file in profiles

bof:) 10:54 03 Sep 06

Hi all, tried system restore...didnt work.

I've used the command %APPDATA% in start/run to get to the bookmarks.bak file, couldnt open it so renamed it bookmarks1.html as suggested.

File contains only short list of bookmarks that were made a few days ago when all my bookmarks where there. (No I didnt alter any settings then)

Firefox version is showing as 1.0.7. which is an older version. My version was uptodate.

Puzzling isnt it.

Anymore thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

bof:) 10:56 03 Sep 06

bump

bof:) 10:17 06 Sep 06

Hi all, never actually solved this problem but I have done the following:

1. updated Firefox tolatest version.
2. spent all evening trying to replace main bookmarks, which I've now done.
3. backed these up to 'My Documents' and a floppy disk.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…