Lost Firefox Bookmarks

bristolgirl 12:09 26 May 06

I see that I'm not the only one with this problem - I have lost all my bookmarks on Firefox browser. They seem to have simply disappeared.

If anyone knows how I can retrieve them, I would be very grateful but I'm really going to need it spelling out. (A recent bout of illness has really addled my brain)!

I do back up to an external Maxtor hard disc if this is of any help.

Many thanks.

SANTOS7 12:18 26 May 06

click here
this will help,good luck..

Gongoozler 12:30 26 May 06

You can check if your bookmarks are still there by looking in C:\Documents and Settings\{account name}\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\. Look in the profiles folder for a file called bookmarks.html. The folder is hidden by default so you might need, in Windows Explorer, to click Tools - Folder options - View, and then put the dot in "Show hidden files and folders"

gudgulf 12:40 26 May 06

Just a thought.....do you have the program "CleanUp" or similar on your pc?

If you do check the settings......CleanUp can delete all favourite/bookmarks if set to do so.

If that is the case they are gone for good!

Fingers crossed thay are in your profile folder.

bristolgirl 13:04 26 May 06

Thank you all. I have restored them from my profile folder.

You are right gudgulf, I have been running CCcleaner and just using their recommendations and not checking to see what it was actually doing.

A lesson learned for me I think!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…