Lost Firefox Bookmarks

bristolgirl 12:09 26 May 06

I see that I'm not the only one with this problem - I have lost all my bookmarks on Firefox browser. They seem to have simply disappeared.

If anyone knows how I can retrieve them, I would be very grateful but I'm really going to need it spelling out. (A recent bout of illness has really addled my brain)!

I do back up to an external Maxtor hard disc if this is of any help.

Many thanks.

SANTOS7 12:18 26 May 06

click here
this will help,good luck..

Gongoozler 12:30 26 May 06

You can check if your bookmarks are still there by looking in C:\Documents and Settings\{account name}\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\. Look in the profiles folder for a file called bookmarks.html. The folder is hidden by default so you might need, in Windows Explorer, to click Tools - Folder options - View, and then put the dot in "Show hidden files and folders"

gudgulf 12:40 26 May 06

Just a thought.....do you have the program "CleanUp" or similar on your pc?

If you do check the settings......CleanUp can delete all favourite/bookmarks if set to do so.

If that is the case they are gone for good!

Fingers crossed thay are in your profile folder.

bristolgirl 13:04 26 May 06

Thank you all. I have restored them from my profile folder.

You are right gudgulf, I have been running CCcleaner and just using their recommendations and not checking to see what it was actually doing.

A lesson learned for me I think!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…