Lost files when changing hard drive to new pc

ladykara 19:46 02 Feb 05

hello
I had a storage hard drive ( slave) and when i brought a new pc i was told i could not add a slave drive so got a usb hard drive case to be able to retrive the files. It seems to take ages to see the files but i have noticed that i have lost a lot of my files and folders. I put the hard drive as a slave drive on a other PC and still the same problem.Have i lost them all forever? please say some how some where i can get them back ? thank you in advance for any help.

Chezdez 20:12 02 Feb 05

i'm assuming you can't add the drive as a slave because either there is already a slave, or it is a prebuilt machine, and removing the case voids the warranty?

have you tried the drive back in your old computer again?

any chance that you physically damaged the drive whilst making the change (putting it down on a carpet or something?)

bazb 20:13 02 Feb 05

you could try one of these click here, I've not used them myself so I don't if they are any good.

VoG II 20:18 02 Feb 05

Or Drive Rescue click here

ladykara 21:35 02 Feb 05

disk rescue worked a treat !!!!

Thank you so much, 6 years worth of info including the only photos i have of my son as a baby, you can imagine what a state i was in.

thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…