Lost files with a .QIC

grey14 20:46 15 Jun 06

I recently backed up my hard drive files to an external hard drive. My computer crashed and had to be reformatted. I lost my original back up program and can not reinstall it as i do not have access to publisher. Can any one help with a BACK IT UP FILE ending in QIC.

Wuggy 23:35 15 Jun 06

.QIC files were created by versions of Windows Back Up prior to Windows XP (XP uses a .BKF extension). You don't say what operating system you have but if it's Windows 98 or ME you should be able to install the backup program which came with it and then be able to access your .QIC files. If I remember correctly, and I'm not sure if I do, you can install the backup programs through Control Panel,Add/remove Programs/Windows Setup Tab/Systems Tools then select Backup. You may need to insert your operating system CD. The .QIC version of Windows Backup is NOT compatible with the XP version (.NKF).

woodchip 23:42 15 Jun 06

If as above you have to load Windows first then you can run the restore thing that windows uses but I dont know how you got it to work other than to Tape drive as Windows backup only works with things like that or a Internal Slave drive

woodchip 23:43 15 Jun 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…