Lost Files neartly recovered help

Giggle n' Bits 13:19 13 Aug 08

I am still trying to recovery near 1,0000 picture files and hopefully WPS, WSS & XLS files main importance is the Pictures.

My Storey starts here:
Machine a emachine had a new PSU and motherboard and worked fine for so long then a few weeks ago it wouldn't boot. A friend of family attempted the Emachine recovery while I was away and totally wiped out the HDD of its original windows somehow.

I fitted the HDD as slave onto my self built machine and their was just the defualt standard windows & prog files with no old docs as I expected. I downloaded a tool from here last night called "DiskInternals Partition Recovery" and this ran all night and it actually found my missing files from nothing !!! really chuffed.

Ok, I though right copy the files to a folder on the working machine. Arrrhhhh I have to buy a key to activate the software to do this and gain access to all the recovered files.

It cost about $139 dollars, WOW is it really worth it ?

Is their any other tool which will do it maybe cheaper like £50

Advice welcome please.

jack 13:45 13 Aug 08

BadCopy Pro - form click here

or this free one

click here

Giggle n' Bits 14:10 13 Aug 08

the last link for free download was dead.

Ditch999 16:13 13 Aug 08

Cover disc of Computer Shopper Issue 247 September 2008 O&O Unerase 2 (free)

Getdata Recover My Files £25 click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:59 13 Aug 08

File recovery :-
Badcopy Pro click here
CDCheck click here
Disk Investigator click here
PCInspector click here
R_Studio click here
Easyrecovery click here
Testdisc click here
Drive Rescue click here

Giggle n' Bits 20:45 13 Aug 08

Noooo I binned the O&O damm.

Fruit Bat /\0/\, have you ever tried any of these tools ? As i found with DiskInternals Partition Recovery ok it found the files but then wanted payment to activate and unlock to gain access.
Would any of these work without wanting payment ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:50 13 Aug 08

These are all free but (links may be a little old)
Have used Testdisk R studio and Drive rescue to good effect.

Giggle n' Bits 20:51 13 Aug 08

and will try to recover using this one Thank U Fruit Bat (with logo)

Giggle n' Bits 13:20 14 Aug 08

I am using the Pc Inspector Smart Recovery so far on 10% & been running since 22:00 last night. Very slow but has recovered about 500 jpegs so far. Tempted to stop it and try something like Drive Rescue

Ditch999 13:34 14 Aug 08

Usually data recovery works on a sector by sector method and it will be very time consuming. If it does it quickly then there are more chances that you will not recover all the files that you could.

There are usually options within each programme as to how many attempts it should make to recover the data. Cutting this down would speed it up.

Giggle n' Bits 23:16 14 Aug 08

Don't really mind the time as long as after 3 days of scanning it doesn't start asking for £75+

Just completed a 12hr scan using Paretologic Pro and brilliant I tought cos it actually found the pics but to have them it wanted money from a US $ website. Very dissapointing

Does any forum uses know of any recovery tool which is FREE Please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5