Lost emails - kind of.

phil 21:00 20 Jun 07

This morning after I had read my emails (OE) the window came up offering to compact the messages.

I clicked on ok just as I normally do. Tonight I have come to download the days emails and half of my folders seem to have vanished from within OE.

The first thing I did was look in the recycle bin and there they were so I restored them. They didn't re-appear in my email folders list though.

I then checked in the OE store folder and they were there so I tried to import them but all that the import applet showed were the ones that were already there and not the missing ones.

The next thing I tried was to seperate the ten errant folders/messages into a new folder on my desktop but when I navigated the import to that folder it said that no messages could be found.

I then tried an 'open with' using msimn.exe on the missing messages but they just open up to my inbox and not to each individual folder/message.

Sods law dictates that these particular folders contain all my web design companies contact emails and passwords etc.

What do I try next?

VoG II 21:12 20 Jun 07

click here may help.

Terry Brown 21:39 20 Jun 07

Do a search for files that end with dbs, these are you emails,see if you can drag them to the email folder (the one with all the numbers ).
Terry

phil 22:39 20 Jun 07

Thanks for the help guys but I think I've hit a brick wall.

I followed the advice on that site that Vog suggested and removed the files from the store folder then deleted it.

OE remade the system folders but once I imported the originals back in I had gained my missing folders but they were empty and my inbox folder was also empty.

I'll keep all the old messages in the folder on my desktop just incase anyone can come up with another suggestion. Meanwhile I'll have to accept that they won't be back just yet.

johnnyrocker 23:25 20 Jun 07

if xp system restore?

johnny

phil 07:23 21 Jun 07

I'd already done that and it didn't work. Should have mentioned it but forgot.

recap 09:20 21 Jun 07

Try a Search for any .dbx files on your system. If they come up in the search note the location, go back to OE and do an Import from that location.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…