Lost emails

mak2 18:23 22 Sep 08

This morning I lost 2 months of emails from outlook express. I opened my emails, OE froze and displayed error and did I want to send, then closed itself down and when I reopened OE, virtually full 2 months vanished. They're not in any other folders. My deleted items folder shows nothing but has 50Mb size on it. Is there any way I can recover those emails. All ideas appreciated.

BurrWalnut 18:43 22 Sep 08

This may work:
Close Outlook Express. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to your store folder which, if you haven't moved it, is a hidden folder located at C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express. You may have to show 'hidden' files in Folder Options > View Tab to see it.

Now right-click and Delete FOLDERS.DBX (the capitals are for clarity only). If you’re nervous about deleting files then click Rename and type FOLDERS.OLD. Now restart Outlook Express and a new folders.dbx file will be recreated automatically and hopefully your .dbx files will be restored to normal.

If you cannot access it because it’s ‘read only’, right-click it > Properties and uncheck the Read attribute.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017