Lost emails

Dumble452 09:00 22 Mar 08

On starting my computer today I found that all the emails in my in-box between 21/10/2006 and today 21/3/2008 are missing. I am using WindowsXP, Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.
Outlook Express froze when it was closed down yesterday so it sounds as if files have become corrupted. I had been away for a week previously and there were a lot of emails in my in-box waiting to be dealt with. I have not backed up my system since my return, I've tried a system restore but this had no effect. I've also looked on the Blueyonder (Virgin Media) web mail but the folder there is empty.
Is there any way that I can find and restore these missing emails?

Gongoozler 09:07 22 Mar 08

The only thing I can suggest is to copy Inbox.dbx to another location and then try using dbxtract to open the emails compressed in that file click here

MAJ 09:17 22 Mar 08

Try going to, in OE, View > Current View > Show all messages.

Dumble452 02:05 24 Mar 08

Have tried those suggestions. No joy I'm afraid. I think they are lost and gone forever. I expect if any of the missing emails were important I'll get chased up for a reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…