Lost emails

Shine77 17:34 03 Apr 06

I was looking for information about backing-up important data on my PC and came across this thread about backing up emails in OE

click here

Having read through it all I decided it would be easier to back-up emails if they were in My Documents so I went through the recommendations in the fifth post down.

However...

When I went to My Documents I discovered
1. That while the seperate files in OE have been saved, I can't open them and I'm not sure if that's normal. The same applies to the addresses I saved.

But worse than that...
2. Some of the folders from OE and the emails in them have seem to have been saved to My Documents rather than just copied so I can no longer access them at all. These folders in OE, seven of them, are now empty.

I'm not sure how or why this has happened but can anyone tell me how to transfer the contents of these folders back to OE!

Many thanks in hopeful anticipation...!

terryf 18:37 03 Apr 06

I can't help but for the future I would recommend a program called EA8, do a google with 'EA8 email' for a free trial

rawprawn 15:31 05 Apr 06

I ddon't use OE, but to the best of my knowledge they are .dbx files which is why you can't open them.You should be able to Import them back int OE using File/Import.Hope this helps.

rawprawn 15:34 05 Apr 06

click here for OE Backup recommended by madboy.

Shine77 18:17 05 Apr 06

I'm a bit loathe to swap email programmes til I've got this one sorted but ta for the idea, Terry.

I've tried inporting the files back again but all I get is this message:

'No messages could be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open. Please select another folder or try closing applications that may have files open.'

and I'm not sure what it means. I'm guessing it's not good!

rawprawn 18:32 05 Apr 06

It doesn't look good, but see if someone can give more help with regard to OE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…