Lost DVD CDR Write Capability

crosstrainer 07:26 06 Jul 06

Since converting my hdds to dynamic volumes, I have lost the ability to write to either of my DVDRW drives. I can copy between the hard drives, but if I try to write a dvd or cd using either plextools or windows the error message "an error occured whilst attempting to write files" is displayed, or the system simply hangs. Both hdds are virus free and the system operates perfectly otherwise. I can read dvds and cds from either drive perfectly. Os is windows xp pro sp2 with all updates installed Any ideas?

rawprawn 07:45 06 Jul 06

Right click on your CD drive/properties/recording tab/tick enable cd write on this drive.

crosstrainer 07:53 06 Jul 06

Already tried that, still the same.

strech 07:57 06 Jul 06

have you tryed downloading the latest drive
for your dvd wrighter

crosstrainer 08:01 06 Jul 06

Both drives firmware up to date... think it has got to be the drive conversion issue, cant see anything on the ms website though.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:59 06 Jul 06

Uninstall and reinstall the IDE channels the drives are on.

crosstrainer 17:20 06 Jul 06

Do you mean uninstall the chipset drivers or physically uplug the cables re-boot then re-attach?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…