lost dvd and cd-r/rw

delph 01:00 09 May 03

well can any one help me plz....... i have lost my dvd rom and cd-r/rw rom from my comp..... they are there but there not...... on startup is runs threw the drives and they are listed.... once loaded a message comes up and says that they will not work unstable software ...... open the device manager up and they both have a yellow dot with a ! at them both .... right click and open props and it says ...windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. the driver may be corrupted or missing ( code 39 )
the putter is a 1200 mhts athlon 80 gig 252 memory..... and idea folks

Terrahawk 01:06 09 May 03

you will need to reload drivers for the hardware
go into add remove hardware remove the existing drivers and then reboot your machine windows should find drivers for your hardware if not you will have to download them from manufacturers website

delph 16:49 10 May 03

tryed that and a message came up "devices or application disabled or cd recording software will cause windows to become unstable. windows has preventeddrivers from loading .........
then it says click here for more details and it disapears....... then the window comes up for roxia website ... a down load the software and it a open it to install and it fails as there is no roxia software on my computer ?????????? so my dvd drive and my cd-r/rw both dont work and are not in the my computer when a open it up.... plz help

alandelph

delph 16:52 10 May 03

tryed that and a message came up "devices or application disabled or cd recording software will cause windows to become unstable. windows has preventeddrivers from loading .........
then it says click here for more details and it disapears....... then the window comes up for roxia website ... a down load the software and it a open it to install and it fails as there is no roxia software on my computer ?????????? so my dvd drive and my cd-r/rw both dont work and are not in the my computer when a open it up.... plz help

alandelph

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…