Lost Drives

john bunyan 14:24 22 Nov 08

I have XP Pro SP3. I use Acronis True image to back up C & F drives (2partition nain HD) to a removable caddy mounted Hard drive which turns on and off with a lock key. I also have a multi purpose floppy drive / card reader to (mostly) read SD photo cards. I last used these devices about a week ago, but now the card reader bit of the floppy drive does not recognise SD cards and the Caddy mounted SATA drive does not switch on when I turn the key. No yellow warnings showing in device manager. Any ideas?

woodchip 14:28 22 Nov 08

Are these plugged into a USB Hub????? if so try them direct to Comp

john bunyan 15:23 22 Nov 08

woodchip.
No. The SATA drive is in a removable caddy in a drive bay and acts just like an internal SATA second drive. The SD card reader is a multi reader combined with the internal floppy drive. No USB hub.
Maybe a physical problem ? I have a second card reader which is in my Canon Multi purpose Device so can use that for now.

john bunyan 15:38 22 Nov 08

Turned PC off and on - found SD card reader but no sign of second SATA - when I turn on the key no red light appears as it used to - maybe a faulty connection. Was hoping not to "open the box"

john bunyan 16:27 22 Nov 08

Restored registry to 15 Nov (after Eusing reg clean ) . Put caddy in and out. All now working - dont know which bit it was !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017