lost drivers after reinst win98

tommy.s 15:39 26 Jan 03

every time i boot up after reinstalling win98 i get a message telling me to configure my display adapter. when i configure it and reboot it asks the same question again. i just cant seem to get it to remember the drivers i installed.
system was ok before reinstallation, monitor + g.card worked fine then. has anyone come across this problem before?

can anyone help me please?

Diemmess 15:47 26 Jan 03

Is your graphics card "on board" if it is then there should be a motherboard CD which has your drivers on it. If not then you should be able to download the right drivers from the company website.

Meanwhile, can you not configure your monitor to the Windows default by following the prompts from
a right click on the empty part of your desktop and selecting Properties? It is not perfect obviously, but will work in a fashion until you have the correct drivers handy

pj123 16:24 26 Jan 03

That is one of the biggest problems with re-installing any version of windows. you need to know that you have all the driver disks before you make the decision to re-install.

windows does not carry every driver.

If you know what graphics card is on your PC you can go to the website and download the latest drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…