Lost Drive

krall 20:56 26 Apr 05

Just updated to ASUS T2 barebone system running INTEL P4 3.2GHZ fitewith 80GB ATA drive running WINXP oem.Installed PCI Sata adaptor and 120GB SATA drive. Booted system and drive was allocated letter L.and partitioned as Primary.
Using CASPERXP software I began copying Drive C which I aborted about 7 minutes from completion. Although PC boots normally from C I have lost drive L. Device Manager shows both the 120gb drive and Sata controller working normally. Any help would be appreciated. PS The 120GB drive is not identified in the BIOS.

Totally-braindead 21:04 26 Apr 05

Perhaps because you aborted it before it finished it has become corrupted, in which case you made need to format and start from scratch again.

Iron Maiden 21:23 26 Apr 05

Have a look in the disk management section of Computer Management (right click my computer, click manage)
If the drive shows up in here but is not reported as healthy you will need to do this. Right click on the grey box to the left of partion display. depending on wiether the disk is Basic or Dynamic the options will be import Foreign disk or Initialize basic disk. which ever it is do it. if niether option shows try deleating the partion, repartition & reformating it

krall 21:26 26 Apr 05

Totally-braindead.
Its not that I cannot restart the copying process but I cannot see drive L.

krall 23:04 26 Apr 05

IRON MAIDEN
Your advice worked like a charm. All is back to normal again. I apologise for my delayed response but the problem PC is not connected to the Net yet and I had to switch between 2 units. Many, many thanks for sorting me out as otherwise it would have been a sleepless night!! thanks also to Totally-braindead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…