lost drag

rsinbad 21:08 17 Mar 06

For some reason i find i cant drag screens or icons .

Running xp sp2 any ideas what may be causing this? spyware and virus checks all clear, everything appears to be ok.
tried restore but still same.

kinger 21:29 17 Mar 06

Are you using a wireless mouse?

rsinbad 21:32 17 Mar 06

yes its a packard bell wireless mouse and keyboard. i have checked the batteries they are ok, The mouse funtions ok ;but when triying to move icons or minimised screens it doesn't work ??

kinger 21:54 17 Mar 06
  kinger 21:58 17 Mar 06

Unlikely but click here

kinger 22:01 17 Mar 06

or maybe ... click here

rsinbad 22:15 17 Mar 06

thanks kinger ;but still no joy going to find my usb wired mouse to see if its my comp

kinger 22:33 17 Mar 06

Good idea. Process of illimination (smile)

rsinbad 22:49 17 Mar 06

ok wired mouse works ok must be wireless mouse ?
funny everything works fine apart from the drag

VoG II 22:50 17 Mar 06

Re-run the set-up disk for the wireless mouse.

terryf 23:03 17 Mar 06

Have you tried un-installing the mouse in device manager (leave the wired mouse in, they will work independently of each other), uninstall mouse software (Intellipoint or Packard Bell??) then re- install. The wireless mouse will work OK with win xp drivers. Obviously if the KBD works the little black box that is the wireless receiver works. When you lift the mouse above the desk can you see red light coming from under the mouse? No red light = go and buy a new mouse if you are absolutely sure the batteris are OK. Try Control Panel>Mouse and click on the Wireless tab, mine tells me about state of batteries and mouse signal level

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…