Lost documents

Daisy22 19:09 08 Sep 05

In my documents I had several folders with working documents inside. However, today I must have done something as when I try to access one of the word documents, or excel documents inside that file there is nothing there. All the files are still listed and show icons, but they are empty when opened, and show 0 mg.

I've tried the search facility and checked via dos but still can't locate the files.

What can I do to try and find the missing work files.

revert to your backup copies

kspatto 22:35 08 Sep 05

try reinstalling word it might not be recognising the file extensions (but should still show files as full?)

you could also use a dedicated file recovery program if you do a search within the forum(top left type in lost files)you will find plenty of links for these programms(suggest you try one of these before you add/delete anything from your hard drive as the hard drive writes to unallocated space but you may have something there that will be overwritten)

best of luck
patto

VoG II 22:43 08 Sep 05

I think that reverting to your backup is the most sensible suggestion. You do have a backup, don't you?

If not then run click here from a floppy to attempt to retrieve the lost documents.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…