lost digital pictures

sammylea 14:22 23 Feb 03

saved pictures to pc tried to open them all I got is
E:\DCIM\100SSCAM refers to a location that is unavailable it could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network or on a different computer on your network check to make sure that the disc is properly inserted or that you are connected to the internet or home network and then try again if it cannot be located the information might have been moved to a different location (press OK)next I get THE SHORTCUT S2300001.INK (same message as above) HELP!!!

JoeC 14:34 23 Feb 03

have saved the pictures as jpegs, do a search for all files named *.jpg which should find them if they are on your computer. Do the same for *.bmp if you saved them as bitmaps.

sammylea 15:02 23 Feb 03

HI JOEC
Done that put on desk top double click imaging window comes up with box (red x) the documents format is invalid or not supported
sammylea

JoeC 15:07 23 Feb 03

are you using ?
What programme are you using to open the photos ?
Are the photos jpegs or bmp's ?

Diemmess 15:26 23 Feb 03

Does the programme you are using to view the pictures specify the format ?......... It is possible that they are there but not saved as you meant to do, e.g. bmp instead of jpg or tif.

Try running a search for a missing file using the filename only, without a subscript.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:23 23 Feb 03

It would appear that you have saved the photos to the source i.e. the digital camera. Have you checked to see if they are there?

G

sammylea 19:21 24 Feb 03

HI
I have found the pics I think, so how do I open them (dont forget I am a novice)
sammylea

Stuartli 20:14 24 Feb 03

Unless you have deleted the pix from the camera, connect it to your system again.

You should get the folder name you mention (DCIM) via a removable drive letter, in your case E (I presume you only have a CD or DVD-ROM drive or just a rewriter, which would use D). If you have both then the letter would be F.

You will then have to open this folder and in turn open the pix files (still presuming that they are still on the camera's memory). You can then save them on your system.

Stuartli 20:17 24 Feb 03

It might be worth downloading Irfanview and its plugins (all free) from:

click here

which will open virtually all codecs and formats.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:17 24 Feb 03

Further to Stuartli, you should have received a software disk with the camera that has a programme such as Exif launcher that auto downloads and opens the piccies.

G

sammylea 12:49 28 Feb 03

Managed to send files to My Docs click on file get
LOCATION C:\WINDOWS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\S12FOIUZ double click on file Kodac Imaging comes up with error message
(red X} The Documents Format is Invalid or not Supported

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac