Lost digital pics

bluto1 22:20 25 May 06

On Monday I transferred about 20 digital photographs to my PC. The programme I chose was Picassa2. After viewing them I clicked on the `close` button and thought no more about it.
This evening I could`nt find them. I searched all
avenues of photographic installations but to no avail. Please help me here if there`s a way to retrieve them. Thanks in advance.
(XP Pro SP2)

woodchip 22:35 25 May 06

You could try this click here

click here

Totally-braindead 22:46 25 May 06

I've just checked where in my Picassa program the default folder is for saving photos in case it was in some strange place but its just in my photos. And I haven't altered anything.

VoG II 22:48 25 May 06

Run click here from a floppy.

skidzy 22:52 25 May 06

Bluto...have you tried reinstalling Picasa 2...this may help find the missing pics...as it scans on installation.
It has worked for me in the past.

Hope this helps

alB 23:06 25 May 06

Open Picasa and go to tools, folder manager and add folders from your hard drive to be scanned for pictures, they may be in a sub folder that is not being picked up...alB

bluto1 10:17 26 May 06

Thanks a lot everyone, unfortunately nothing was found of `em so I`ll just grin and bear it. I`ve got one little inkling though that I had previously copied them to CD so a phone call might help. Ticking as resolved

David4637 13:42 26 May 06

Have you done a search in Internet Explorer. Just type *.jpg and your bound to recognise the files as they are displayed. David

bluto1 19:39 26 May 06

I tried that on a mates advice before I posted. However the good news is that although they had no file identity it was finally Picassa who found them. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction skidzy. When I first tried uninstall/new install I clicked `NO` to removing the Picassa data base instead of going for `YES. After that it was plain sailing. Thanks a million lads and one day if I learn enough I`ll be able to contribute as much as you guys.:-)))

March Hare 20:14 26 May 06

Don't you just love a happy ending? :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…