Lost digital photos?

bda72 15:26 31 Jul 05

I am sitting here as angry as I have been for a while and just hoping someone knows if there is a way around this.

I was moving pictures from my memory card to the hard drive when my computer decided to reboot for no apparent reason. Once restarted I checked the folder I was moving the files to and all bar 10 of the 180 or so pictures have been transfered but about 80 will not show a preview on screen and photoshop elements can't open then saying "JPEG marker segment length is too short(the file may be truncated or incomplete).

Because I was moving the files and not copying them (a mistake I will not repeat) I don't have them on the memory card any more (could there be a way of recovering them?)

The pictures are of a day we had at the beach which turned into the weekend and includes pictures of where we stayed and the sun set we watched while eating the food we BBQ'ed on the beach. These are probably the only pictures I have taken in the last few weeks/months that I would not want to lose and can't be repeated so if anyone has any ideas I would be happy to try anything.

Many thanks for any help offered.

Barry.

Big Elf 15:42 31 Jul 05

Maybe this tool will help click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:47 31 Jul 05

From cfc msticks smartmedia etc.
Smart recovery click here
zero assumption click here

Sapins 15:58 31 Jul 05

try this free software on the memory card, I retrieved hundreds of files from one HDD to another with it. click here

Some files may be irrecoverable due to overwriting but if you haven't used the card you might just get them all back,good luck,

Regards,

Sapins.

bda72 17:34 31 Jul 05

I managed to cool down and get back on the comp and found your advice invaluable. I used PC Inspector File Recovery which was free and recovered my pics and now life is my happier and the sun has come out and the cat is out from the back of the sofa with no fear of getting a kick.

Thanks again for all the help you guys are life savers.

Barry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…