Lost the Defrag for Windows XP

rlh1965 13:47 19 Jun 03

Well,

Here is another XP problem I've gotten into

A few weeks back I downloaded Executive Software's Diskeeper, I was hoping it would be an alternative to the regular Deframenter installed with windows,

Well for some reason it took the PLACE of the defragmenter that comes with XP

Since then I have deleted/removed Diskeeper with Add/Remove software in the Control Panel, but NOW I do not have ANY defragmenter

If I double click on My Computer then right click on the C: Drive then select properties then Tools....the Defragment options is grayed out, it states there is now defragmenter installed

How can I get the original Deframenter back??

PSF 13:49 19 Jun 03

Have you tried system restore to the time before you installed Diskeeper

Jester2K II 13:54 19 Jun 03

Well for some reason it took the PLACE of the defragmenter that comes with XP

It does that. I've been running Diskeeper for months just fine.

Try their tech support...

If you're trying out the latest releases (demo versions) of our software or if you've purchased a license in the last 90 days, you can reach Technical Support by telephone at +44 (0)1342 327477, or you can click here for our email support service.

In all other cases please use our on-line support click here. You will most likely find the answer you were looking for here.

rlh1965 14:37 19 Jun 03

Can't seem to get through to Executive Software, tried sending them a email, but you have to enroll, and the web site is not working....I guess I could try calling them......

If I reinstsall the software (Diskeeper), is there some way to get back a choice of using the XP version of defragmenter??

As for System Restore, it has been turned off, temp. so that would not help me

I got my version of XP installed on my Sony Desktop PC , so I do not have a full version of XP, is there nay way to reinstall the original Defragmenter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…