Lost Default Programs.... Help Please....

Ade_1 12:15 04 Sep 05

Hi, i have just noticed now, that i have lost paint character map etc... i have also lost the .exe files for BT internet - i use a BT Voyager 205 ADSL Router, i know how to get my paint back etc.. (also i have lost all the games provided with MS WIN XP)As i say i know how to get them back, but why has it done this?... I use Norton Internet Security, and im on WIN XP SP2 Any help would be greatly appriciated...

Skills 18:03 04 Sep 05

Have you made any changes to things recently?

Have you checked your system for viruses and spyware?

Ade_1 18:14 04 Sep 05

yes, i have no viruses etc, i have tried installing it again using control panel and install/remove windows components, i have inserted my win xp sp2 CD but it wont accept it, can i re download it from the microsoft website?

Ade_1 18:20 04 Sep 05

i cant install paint and the accessories for MS WIN XP SP2... can anyone help? i dont seem to be able to get them back!... Any Help would be greatly appriciated,

Skills 18:23 04 Sep 05

You need to have a full XP disk is that what you've got? Or is it just a service pack 2 disk?

Ade_1 18:28 04 Sep 05

its ok i solved the problem, the problem was that my stupid CD drive didnt read the disc properly so i had to venture into the files and then put my old windows xp home edition CD in and had to getfiles out of there, i ended up using my CD RW, i need to change the CD when i get the time lol, thanks for help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…