LOST DATA BY MESH

LANDCRUISER 12:35 08 Jun 03

HEAR AM I TALKING ABOUT MESH AGAIN & THEIR COCK UP,I BOUGHT ARCHOS 60GB EXTERNAL HARD DISC BACK UP UNIT THINKING I WILL NEVER LOSE MY DATA BUT THOSE WONDERFULL MEN AT MESH HAVE MANAGE TO COCK THINGS UP,EVERY THING WAS WORKING WELL WHEN I GOT A MESSAGE SAYING THE SYSTEM WAS CORRUPT SO I PHONED MESH TO SEE IF THEY COULD HELP ME,AFTER A LONG PHONE CALL THE ANSWER WAS THEY COULD NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM, THEY TOLD ME TO REFORMAT WINDOWS XP THAT I DID,THEY THAN TOLD ME THAT I COULD RETREIVE MY DATA FROM MY Q DISC BACKUP, THIS Q DISC WAS ON F DRIVE BUT AFTER REFORMATING F DRIVE HAS GONE,HOW CAN I GET INTO MY BACKUP. LANDCRUISER

-pops- 12:41 08 Jun 03

It is convention that writing in UPPERCASE lettering is SHOUTING and thus impolite. However angry you may feel, please change the Caps Lock setting in any responses you make.

LANDCRUISER 12:52 08 Jun 03

sorrow for my rudeness as i new to computers & the net landcruiser

spuds 13:01 08 Jun 03

Problem is with lost Data, that most support services will always try to inform you, that they are not responsible for lost data. Places like PCW always state this, in their terms and conditions as do many others. Sorry for not being able to advice further.

leo49 13:01 08 Jun 03

As I understand it the Archos is an external HDD - so reinstalling XP on your PC won't have lost your data unless you specifically wiped it, but it would have removed any software specific to the Archos/PC interface.I would suggest you find out the installation process for the Archos in order to reestablish the connection, before unjustly blaming Mesh.

LANDCRUISER 13:15 08 Jun 03

to leo 49 as i conntacted mesh to solve my problem they the experts have made the problem worst.i did not delete my back up they mesh have created a new problem not me

SEASHANTY 13:43 08 Jun 03

As I recall the Archos 60GB external drive is USB2 connection. This drive is separate from your main PC and provided that you originally backed up your main C drive onto this (plus your other drives if C was partioned - as it most likely was) then you will still have all this information on your Archos drive. If you have reformatted C drive then it is possible that your drive letters have changed. Check the contents of each drive letter to see if any contain the original Mesh backup. Remove the connection to the Archos external drive before switching on your PC then re-insert the connection when windows XP has loaded and allow it to redetect
the drive. This may possibly restore your drive letters to normal.

leo49 13:52 08 Jun 03

Mesh are PC manufacturer's who sell PC's - it's not part of the deal that they teach you how it or peripherals work, that's down to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…