Lost Data on CD-R

Jarvo 21:22 16 Mar 04

Hi

My brother inlaw has been burning all his digital photos to a single CD-R leaving the disc open. he has now changed from easy cd to nero and after burning new photos to the disc has lost all his old photos. I have had a look at the disc using my laptop which uses easy cd but I too can not find the missing images tried using explorer and seting folder options to viewing hiden files. To look at the cd physicaly itlooks nearly full any ideas on recovery?

Jarvo

Jarvo 21:48 16 Mar 04

^Bump

Muckle 22:12 16 Mar 04

This is a long shot - but try burning another photo to the CD using your Easy CD. The mother-in-law had a similar problem, burned 1 more photo and the others all re-appeared!!!

Eric10 22:25 16 Mar 04

The Spring 2004, Issue 104, cover Cd from PC Advisor Mag had a program called CD X Rescue which can recover data from faulty CDs. I've used it and it works.

Newuser4165 20:12 17 Mar 04

Download and run the free program Isobuster - available here:-
click here
It is straight forward to use and allows you to extract the contents of each session on the cd separately to your hard drive.
You can then reburn the data to a fresh CDR with a program of your choice.

Jarvo 20:13 17 Mar 04

Thanks to you both solved prob with IsoBuster a freeware prog found on google. would have used CD-X but missed the issue when aplying for subscription to pca :0(

Jarvo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…