Lost contacts on iPhone

Desert Andy 19:21 PM 21 Oct 11

I deleted all my contact in outlook, and then tried to back up my contacts from my iphone into outlook using itunes. Unfortunately all that I have done is to delete all my contacts on my iphone, and I still have no contacts in outlook. Is there any way of restoring either my iphone contacts or restoring my contacts in outlook. I had deleted my deleted folder as well.

Many thanks for any ideas.

john bunyan 21:53 PM 21 Oct 11

Re Outlook. I keep my Outlook in "My Documents" in my data partition along with word, photos, nusic etc. I then use freefileshnch to make a daily back up. Never had to use the back up but this site seems interesting. I wonder if ther is a hidden back up somewhere? Could you try Recuva to find the lost contacts?

Woolwell 22:30 PM 21 Oct 11

If you've deleted them from the deleted folder then I don't think that there is any way back. I back up my contacts on a regular basis by exporting them and do it before any major changes to phone sync. Are you using icloud? If so it may be worthwhile looking there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Jean Jullien, Supermundane and more design badges for Farmdrop's 'local food revolution'

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know