lost contact with a large file in MS Access

vall 20:44 01 Jun 03

I have lost contact with a file because the shortcut is telling me to recreate the link to the file, which has disappeared?, I do have a backup on disc but, at the moment i am afraid to open it in case the same happen's, can you help... Vall (new member)

Valvegrid 20:52 01 Jun 03

If you go to Windows Explorer and search for the file, if you type *.mdb it will bring you all the database files and their locations.

Dr Lecter 20:53 01 Jun 03

Which Version of MS ACCESS do you have?? 95,97,2000 or 2002?

vall 19:32 02 Jun 03

Thanks for the reply Valvegrid, I will try that right now, Dr Lecter, Office 97 does that help???.
Vall

Sir Radfordin™ 19:43 02 Jun 03

If you open up access then you should be able to see the list of files you last opened - its likely it will be there.

If you do have shortcut to a file thats no longer working it does sound as if the file has been lost. Hope the backup works.

Doing a search for *.mdb will find all the microsoft access database files on your computer (or the drive you search).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…