lost contact

popgeorge 13:58 21 May 05

With the forums help i have been able to upload a simple site using Nvu and FileZilla to the free web space provided by ntl. Flush with success and a copy of frontpage 2003 i have created a more grown up version of my proposed scrap book. I downloaded the original pages using filezilla and then deleted the files. When i uploaded the new files the remote site recorded the arrival but I am unable the view the result on the Internet.
I have visited various forums over a couple of days, and whilst i have read similar problems have yet to find an answer. I tried using the publish option in front page which appeared successful but ended with a message saying that a fault may exist with the service provided.
Any thoughts would be appreciated

popgeorge 19:05 21 May 05

I have been able to resolve the problem by re entering the web address, the original held in my favorites for reasons best know to itself suddenly stop working at the exact moment when the old site had been removed.
Some components of the new site fail to appear and I can only assume that this has something to do with frontpage file extensions.
My apologies to anyone who wasted their time pondering over my problem

Forum Editor 19:32 21 May 05

You're probably right - it will be because the FrontPage extensions aren't enabled on your server space. You can usually get this done by your web-host for a small fee, or in many cases you can do it yourself, via your account's online control panel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…