Lost connection on internet threads on email

Snadds 20:04 19 Feb 05

when I recieve an email with a thread in blue with a website adress and click on it, nothing happens. I`ve lost the connection. Any ideas anyone?

VoG II 20:05 19 Feb 05

click here (applies to Outlook Express as well).

Snadds 10:54 20 Feb 05

Hi VoG I`ve tried your instructons on the article but made no progress. I am running Windows XP IE6 and Zone Alarm Pro.I also run Norton Antivirus.Any other ideas.Thanks

VoG II 11:23 20 Feb 05

1. Click Start, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.

2. Double-click to open Internet Options.

3. On the Programs tab, ensure that Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser is enabled.

4. Click Reset Web Settings.

5. In the Reset Web Settings dialog box, click to clear the Also reset my home page check box.

6. Click Yes, click OK, and then click OK again to apply the settings and close the dialog boxes.

7. Click Start, and then click Run.

8. In the Run dialog type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.

9. Click OK to acknowledge the success of the Urlmon.dll registration.

Snadds 09:54 21 Feb 05

Hi VOG
I`ve followed your instruction but still can`t make the link.Do you think it could be a SP2 issue? or a security issue?
Thanks for your help so far
Snadds

rawprawn 10:10 21 Feb 05

Are you trying when you already have an internet connection using Internet Explorer, if so close IE and then click on your email link.

Snadds 17:05 21 Feb 05

Hi rawprawn and hi VOG
IE is not open when I`m trying to make the link, but I have just noticed something that might be relevant. I have Google as my homepage and on the google toolbar there is a button showing the number of blocked popups. If i float the mouse arrow over this button it offers me two choices one of which is to hold down the control key to allow the popup. I tried this while clicking on the thread link and hey presto! I got the connection. I can`t understand it,could one of you two great helpers possibly throw some light on this? Thanks guys.
Snadds

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…