Lost cmd32 in winXP

Andy 999 10:09 23 Mar 03

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of a problem. I ran a virus check the other day and it found a virus in cmd32?!?!?so i told it to remove it but it said it couldn't.This is avg6 btw.So, it moved cmd32 so the virus couldn't spread. But, when i log on to my computer it loads up ok but when i sign up to my account it takes about a minute and an error come up saying cmd32 missing or something. I have not had any problems apart from that so where could i get it from?I can't sem to find it on the disc

MAJ 11:31 23 Mar 03

Run "sfc /scannow" (omit the quote marks) from Start > Run, Andy 999, you will need your XP installation disk.

Andy 999 15:43 24 Mar 03

i have sfc /scannowed my computer but t no avail. Heard that a new virus was going around and i saw the inks in the registry it created. I deleted them but it still comes up with an error when i try to log on.

MAJ 15:49 24 Mar 03

Have you run a virus scan, Andy 999? You will also need to delete your restore points if you have System Restore activated.

MAJ 15:51 24 Mar 03

what was the name of the virus and are you sure that the virus warning was not a hoax encouraging you to delete the cmd32 file?

spikeychris 15:58 24 Mar 03

Was it something like this click here

Chris

MAJ 16:01 24 Mar 03

This looks like what you're describing, Andy 999. click here Follow the removal instructions at that link. Delete your restore points by de-activating System Restore. Then do a full scan with your antivirus software, click here to get a scanner if you don't already have one. If you're given the all clear after scanning, reactivate System Restore and create a new restore point.

spikeychris 16:20 24 Mar 03

Steal my link again and I'll see you in court..

Andy 999 17:44 24 Mar 03

yep i think thats the virus chris and maj. The thing is ive not downloaded anything from kazaa recently, as i don't use it much anyway but nevermind. Ill try to get rid of it now.

Thanks

p.s.ill posty any problems i have with it on here ;)

MAJ 19:25 24 Mar 03

Sorry, spikeychris, I was having me afternoon snooze.

"YOU CAN NOOOOOT BE SERIOUS" "IT WAS ON THE LINE".

Just practising for court. ;-)

Andy 999 16:11 25 Mar 03

i managed to delete the virus thanks for your info and help ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5