Lost CD-R and DVD rom

sandystew 22:03 19 Jul 04

Pleae help, dontask mehow buti have managed to delete the drivers to both my CD-R/RW and DVD-rom.
I have hunted high and low and cant seem to find them onthe internet.
If it helps, when i go to device manager on XP, there is a yello explemation mark, when i try to re-install it says that the driver is not available. I
i cant even retrieve them via my reinstall disks.
Please help!!!!!!!!

Sans le Sou 22:24 19 Jul 04

Did you uninstall them in device manager, or can you try update driver, roll back driver, etc in drive properties.

Sans le Sou 22:28 19 Jul 04

This may helpclick here

sandystew 22:35 19 Jul 04

thanks for responding,
I didnt uninstall it via the device manager, it was via thedriver details assigned to the cd rom. ive tried to update and roll back, butit says tit cant because there is no driver. Its seems to have totally vanished.
I cant seem to find a driver for a samsungCD_R/RW SW-248F on the net anywhere.

steve12345 22:38 19 Jul 04

Have you tried deleting the drives from Device Manager and letting Windows find the drives again?

It should be usable with Windows built-in drivers.

Sans le Sou 22:39 19 Jul 04

You need the built in XP drivers CD-Roms do not have drivers as such they work off the O/S. Maybe the bootdisks will have them on.

Sans le Sou 22:48 19 Jul 04

These are mine, can you extract them from your installation disk?

sandystew 23:04 19 Jul 04

Cheers guys all working

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…