Lost CD-Drive

Irfman 20:23 26 Apr 04

My cousin computer recently lost thier CD-Drive, I dont know how that happened. Thier Computer is Tiny, Windows ME,750 mhz,128 mb ram. I dont know the name of the CD-Drive, so i was wondering how i can get the lost CD-Drive back.

Cuddles 20:41 26 Apr 04

Try removing it from device manager then rebooting to see if windows picks it up, also check in the bios, or it could be a cable problem.

Irfman 20:43 26 Apr 04

done that but still nothing

gudgulf 20:57 26 Apr 04

Try looking for a system restore point to before the drive dissappeared.If that doesn't work the drive may have failed---they don't last forever.

maz2 21:33 26 Apr 04

I've had this problem twice, at first I thought it was a conflict on the computer so I uninstalled everything I had downloaded and hey presto it re-appeared, well the same thing happened today I did the same and it re-appeared again, maybe it's a conflict with a new driver or something it's worth taking a look

Irfman 17:07 06 May 04

its not a conflict, i checked the cables, but how do i check the bios.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…