Lost CD Drive

rawprawn 08:18 05 Feb 04

For some unknown reason I am not able to copy information to my CD drive. When I try to "Send To" via the context menu I get the message " The drive or network that the short cut " Drive Link" refers to is unavailable Make sure that the disc is properly inserted. I get the same message if I try to drop & Drag. I can't understand it as I was using it all yesterday afternoon to copy Old Photos of my son onto a CD. Any help will be appreciated.

Diodorus Siculus 08:42 05 Feb 04

Do you have a CD-RW disk in the drive? And In-CD or similar packet writing software installed?

rawprawn 09:14 05 Feb 04

Yes it was a CD RW, I think I have solved the problem, I have reformatted the CD & it seems to work OK now. I know that CD RW are not very reliable but I didn't connect the message I was getting with the disc itself. If you have any further comments that I may find helpful please post them but I will tick this as resolved. Thanks for posting I have Easy CD creator 5.
Dennis

Diodorus Siculus 21:36 05 Feb 04

The only further comment I have is to advise you not to use CD-RW disks for important data; best to go with CD-Rs.

Pleased it is sorted.

rawprawn 08:03 06 Feb 04

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…